27 July 2008


As forecasted in my original post, I am sure everyone has realized that the time between posts is getting longer and longer. Believe me, this isn't because I want to keep the cute Mr. Beckett hidden from everyone, but more that our lives are getting more crowded. I started back to work a few weeks ago. Yes, this was more than a little stressful - and if you asked Derek, he would likely tell you that my laid back attitude that I acquired during maternity leave (yes, it is true!) is slowly being replaced with the old "go, go, go" one. It was a challenge to figure out what time to get up in order to feed Beckett, pump, shower, get dressed, fix my breakfast and lunch, wash the bottles, etc and don't forget the 5-10 mins of saying goodbye.... I know thousands of mothers do this every day, but it definitely is a new challenge for me. Now after the first 2 weeks, I think I am getting better, but only if there isn't anything thrown into the mix - god forbid I need to get gas or something like that.

And, of course, as soon as I return to work, they needed me to travel. Fortunately, Derek is not back to school yet. He agreed to come with me to VA so that I wouldn't have to be separated from Beckett for the week. In my opinion, Beckett did very well. But, Derek may have a different story since he was the one with him all day each day. I am sure he didn't really know what to expect, but I don't think he had as good of a time as expected. You will have to ask him.

They did go to Monticello one day:

Maybe too much information for Beckett all at once... but, at least daddy was entertained for a little bit.

No comments: