18 August 2008

Four Months

Our visit to the doctor today was as eventful as could be expected. Our favorite part is, of course, the part when we get to see how much "Gigantor baby" has grown. Drum Roll please...

- Weight: 17 lbs 2.5 ounces
- Length: 26.5 inches

Again, the doctor told us that Beckett is off the growth charts for his age. He is approximately the same size as an average 6 month old.

Dr. Rouse gave us the go ahead to start trying rice cereal. We were initially excited to think about solids, but the more we thought about it the scarier it got - mixing foods, high chairs, bibs, bowls, spoons... We were just getting comfortable with the equipment we have let alone the things we don't. I am sure this is a big mess waiting to happen. (I am also seeing another Babies R Us meltdown in my future.) That will be it's very own blog entry.

Derek and I are also in the midst of a debate on what to do with Beckett's hair. As many of you have commented (Grandma especially), Beckett has plenty of hair. There is still a bit of patchwork in the back, but the top and front could be our very own cover for Worst Hair magazine. I am still of the opinion that it will calm down once it grows a bit more, but Derek really wants to get it cut. Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.


We could also just follow Dad's lead and start the hat look.

No matter what, he sure is cute especially when it is newly washed and combed...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that he looks adorable with his hair combed. I am with Bekki on this one. I still haven't cut Zachary's hair. Wait till the hair in the back grows in and then cut it.

Aunt B

BrownMouse said...

No Cut Camp - So many parents fret and worry over the bald babies. Don't worry, Beckett is unique and cool! Sorry D!

BrownMouse said...

Mike votes "a little off the top please." Therefore, the score is Cut:1, No Cut:2

Anonymous said...

Definitely take the scissors and cut the hair. Babies should not be wearing hats.

Anonymous said...

The hat was just for fun and the picture, I thought it would be kind of cute to see how he looked in my DUKE cap.

-Dad

BrownMouse said...

Paul's grandma Betty said NO CUT yet! Beckett is super cute.

Unknown said...

Hey guys..All Bracken men should hang on to their hair for as long as possible !! The hat rocks..he couldn't be cuter. Aunt Mary